JNTUK R20 CSE Students: Access Unit-wise R20 2nd Year 2nd Semester Probability and Statistics Material/Notes PDFs Below.
Download JNTUK R20 2nd Year 2nd Semester Probability and Statistics Material PDF
- Introduce students to the basics of probability and statistical methods
- Provide an understanding of how probability concepts and statistical methods are applied in various engineering fields
Descriptive Statistics and Data Science Methods
- Overview of Data Science
- Population vs Sample
- Data Collection (Primary and Secondary)
- Types of Variables (Dependent and Independent, Categorical and Continuous)
- Data Visualization
- Measures of Central Tendency
- Measures of Variability (Spread or Variance)
- Skewness and Kurtosis.
Download UNIT-1 Material PDF | Reference-2
Correlation and Curve Fitting
- Correlation Coefficient
- Rank Correlation
- Regression Coefficients and Properties
- Regression Lines
- Method of Least Squares
- Fitting Straight Line, Parabola, Exponential and Power Curves
Download UNIT-2 Material PDF | Reference-2
Probability and Distributions
- Conditional Probability and Baye’s Theorem
- Random Variables (Discrete and Continuous)
- Distribution Function
- Mathematical Expectation and Variance
- Binomial, Poisson, Uniform, and Normal Distributions.
Download UNIT-3 Material PDF | Reference-2
- Introduction to Population and Samples
- Sampling Distribution of Means and Variance (Definition Only)
- Central Limit Theorem (without proof)
- Introduction to t, chi-squared and F Distributions
- Point and Interval Estimations
- Maximum Error of Estimate.
Download UNIT-4 Material PDF | Reference-2 | Ref-3
Tests of Hypothesis
- Introduction to Hypothesis
- Null and Alternative Hypothesis
- Type I and Type II Errors
- Level of Significance
- One-Tail and Two-Tail Tests
- Tests for One Mean and Two Means (Large and Small Samples)
- Tests on Proportions.
Download UNIT-5 Material PDF | Reference-2 | Ref-3
- Miller and Freund’s, “Probability and Statistics for Engineers,” 7th Edition, Pearson, 2008.
- S.C. Gupta and V.K. Kapoor, “Fundamentals of Mathematical Statistics,” 11th Edition, Sultan Chand & Sons Publications, 2012.
Reference Books for JNTUK R20 2-2 Probability and Statistics:
- Probability and Statistics for Engineers and Scientists” by Sheldon L. Myers, Keying Ye, and Ronald E Walpole (8th Edition, Pearson, 2007).
- Probability and Statistics for Engineering and the Sciences” by Jay L. Devore (8th Edition, Cengage).
- Introduction to Probability and Statistics for Engineers and Scientists” by Sheldon M. Ross (4th Edition, Academic Foundation, 2011).
- Applied Statistics for Engineers and Physical Scientists” by Johannes Ledolter and Robert V. Hogg (3rd Edition, Pearson, 2010).
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Categorize the principles of data science and comprehend their significance (Level 4 or 2)
- Analyze the relationship between various attributes through the use of correlation and regression techniques (Level 4)
- Utilize probability concepts and their practical applications (Level 3)
- Implement discrete and continuous probability distributions (Level 3)
- Develop classical hypothesis tests (Level 6)
- Interpret statistical inference methods based on both small and large sample tests (Level 4)
Join Telegram Join Whatsapp Groups Subscribe To YouTube Follow Us on Instagram