JNTUK 1-1 Engineering Physics Materials PDF Download
Students studying JNTUK Mech, Chemical Branches, can download Unitwise R20 1-1 Engineering Physics Materials/Notes PDFs.
- Bridging the gap between physics at school at 10+2 and UG-level engineering courses.
- The importance of the optical phenomenon (i.e., Its Engineering applications include interference, diffraction, and polarization.
- Understanding lasers’ emission mechanisms and utility for coherent light sources for low- and high-energy applications. Study of propagation through optical fibers and implications for visual communications.
- New utility avenues are now available for magnetic and dielectric materials that could be used to make micro-devices.
- It is essential to be familiar with theoretical and practical acoustics for engineering acoustics. Explain the importance of ultrasound and how it is used in NDT applications.
- Using Bragg’s law, learn about the periodic arrangement of atoms within Crystalline solids.
Interference Principle Of Superposition -Interference in thin film (Reflection Geometry & Applications -Colors In Thin Films- Newton’s Rings – Determination wavelength and refractive Index
Diffraction: Introduction – Fresnel and Fraunhofer diffraction due to single slit, double slit – N-slits(Qualitative) – Grating – Dispersive power and resolving power of Grating(Qualitative).
Polarization Introduction – Types of polarization – Polarization by reflection and refraction and Double refraction – Nicol’s Prism -Half-wave and Quarter-wave plates
Reference-1 | Ref-2
Lasers & Fiber optics
Lasers Introduction – Characteristics of laser – Spontaneous or stimulated radiation – Einstein’s coefficients Population inversion – Lasing action- Pumping mechanism – Ruby laser- He-Ne laser. Applications of lasers
Fiber optics: Introduction -Principle of optical fiber- Acceptance Angle-Numerical ApertureClassification of optical fibers based on refractive index profile and modes -Propagation of electromagnetic wave through optical fibers – Applications.
Dielectric Materials: Introduction – Dielectric polarization – Dielectric polarizability, Susceptibility and Dielectric constant – Types of polarizations- Electronic (Quantitative), Ionic (Quantitative) and Orientation polarizations (Qualitative) – Lorentz internal field- Clausius-Mossotti equationPiezoelectricity.
Magnetic Materials: Introduction – Magnetic dipole moment – Magnetization-Magnetic susceptibility and permeability – Origin of the permanent magnetic moment – Classification of magnetic materials: Dia, para, Ferro, antiterror & Ferrimagnetic materials – Domain concept for Ferromagnetism & Domain walls (Qualitative) – Hysteresis – soft and hard magnetic materials- Eddy currents- Engineering applications.
Acoustics & Ultrasonics
Acoustics – Introduction – requirements for an acoustically sound hall- Reverberation- Reverberation times- Sabine’s formula (Derivation by growth and decay method – Absorption coefficient and determination – Factors that affect the acoustics in buildings and their remedial actions
Ultrasonics – Introduction – Properties and Production by Magnetostriction and Piezoelectric Methods – Detection and Acoustic Grating – Non-Destructive Testing. – Pulse echo system via transmission and reflection modes. – Applications.
Crystallography, X-ray Diffraction
Crystallography – Space lattice and Basis, Unit Cell, and lattice parameters. Bravais Lattice is a crystal system (3D). – Coordination number – Packing fraction of SC, BCC, & FCC. – Miller indexes – Separation between successive (hkl).
Xray diffraction Bragg’s Law – Xray Diffractometer Crystal structure determination by Laue and powder methods
HTML5_ TEXT BY BOOKS:
- Engineering Physics – Dr. M.N. Avadhanulu & Dr. P.G. Kshirsagar, S. Chand and Company
- Engineering physics – D.K. Battacharya, Poonam Tandon. Oxford University Press.
- Engineering Physics by P.K.Palanisamy SciTech publication.
- Fundamentals of Physics – Halliday Resnick and Walker. John Wiley &Sons
- Engineering Physics – M.R.Srinivasan, New Age Publications
- Engineering Physics – D K Pandey and S. Chaturvedi at Cengage Learning
- Engineering Physics – Sanjay D.Jin, D. Sahasrambudhe, and Girish University Press