JNTUK R20-2 Highway Notes and Engineering Materials PDF Download
Students who are taking JNTUK’s R20 Civil Branch can download R20 2-1 Highway unit-wise Engineering Material/Notes PDFs from below.
- To teach different ideas within the area of highway Engineering.
- To understand the design principles of Highway Geometrics and Pavements
- To understand the design principles of Intersections
Highway Planning and Alignment Highway development in India The classification of Roads; Road Network Structures; Need to Highway Planning; Different Road Development PlansFirst Third, Second, and Third road development plans Road development vision 2021 Rural Road Development Plan – Vision 2025; Planning Surveys; Highway Alignmentfactors that affect Alignment Engineering Surveys Drawings and reports.
Highway Geometric Design Importantly to Geometric Design-Design Controls and Criteria Roadway Cross Section Element Sight Distance Elements – Stopping sight Distance and Overtaking Sight Distance as well as Intermediate Sight DistanceDesign of Horizontal Alignment-Design Of Super-Elevation as well as Extra Widening design of transition CurvesDesign of Vertical Alignment Gradients- Vertical Curves.
traffic Engineering: The Basic Parameters of Traffic Volume, Speed and Density – Traffic Volume Studies Speed studies – spot speed and speed, as well as delays Parking Studies Road Accidents, Causes, and preventive measures – Condition Diagrams and Collision diagrams. Factors and the Capacity of Highways – Factors that affect LOS Concepts and Road Traffic Signs and road markings Types of Intersections and At-Grade Intersections The design of Plain, Flared, and Channelized Intersections The design of traffic Signals Webster Method – IRC Method.
Highway Material: Subgrade Soil: Classification – Group Index Subgrade soil strength California Bearing Ratio Modulus of Subgrade Reaction. Stone Aggregates: Desirable Properties tests for road aggregates Bituminous Material: Different types Desirable properties Testing for Bitumen – Bituminous pavement mixes Requirements Marshall Modulus of Mixing Design
Design of Pavements Types of Pavements The functions and needs of various components of pavements Design Aspects
Flexible Pavements The design factors and methods for designing flexible pavements CBR method Method IRC method Burmister method Method that is mechanical – IRC Method for Low Volume Flexible pavements.
Rigid Pavements: Design Considerations – wheel load stress – Friction stresses and temperature stresses Combination of pressures – Design of slabs Design of Joints IRC method Rigid pavements designed for low-volume roads Continuously reinforced Cement Concrete Pavements Roll Compacted Concrete Pavements.
- Highway Engineering, Khanna S. K., Justo C. E. G and Veeraragavan A. Nem Chand Bros., Roorkee.
2. Traffic Engineering and Transportation Planning, Kadiyali L. R, Khanna Publishers, New Delhi.
- Principles of Highway Engineering, Kadiyali L. R, Khanna Publishers, New Delhi
- Principles of Transportation Engineering, Partha Chakroborthy and Animesh Das, PHI Learning Private Limited, Delhi
- Design a highway network for a particular region.
- Find out the alignment of the highway and create highway geometrics.
- Create Intersections and make traffic management plans
- Determine the appropriateness of pavement construction materials, and build roads that are flexible as well as rigid.